Offline mode is a great tool to use in situations where cell service is poor. When you're using your device to run searches or issue violations in a low-service area - such as an underground parking area - the app can run slowly as it drops service and continuously attempts to reconnect to the servers.
Turning on Offline Mode takes the app completely offline, letting the patroller issue violations without the lag times that low-service areas can cause.
Important notes to consider:
- Data is cached automatically when a new location is opened
- Data cannot be cached if you are offline. However, you can use cached data offline IF you have already cached it while online
- 'Cached Data' refers to all active parking sessions that show in the mobile up when a location is opened under Enforcement
- You can only cache data on one location at a time. For example: if you open Location A, that data will be cached. If you open Location B, Location A's data will be overwritten with Location B's data.
- Violations issued in Offline Mode are not immediately sent to the server. They are only sent to the server once you go online again (this is done automatically)
- While offline, the last minute check prior to issuing a violation only searches the parking sessions that were cached. Any parking sessions created after first updating the offline cache will not show. This is why we recommend refreshing the cache every 10 or so minutes, in an area with cell reception, so that you have less of a chance of issuing violations to registered vehicles.
Open the SecurePark app and log in
Click on Enforcement and select a location.
Once the location has loaded, the data is automatically cached. You should see a brief notice at the bottom letting you know it was successful.
Go into Offline Mode (found under Settings in the SecurePark app). If you leave the Enforcement screen to issue a violation, the data will continue to be cached unless you select a different location while online.
Important: if you do not go into Offline mode and you start patrolling in an area with poor cell reception, every time you open that location again, your device will try to sync, and the offline cache will not work.
You must turn your device to Offline Mode in order for the caching to work.
Important: we recommend that you go online every 10-15 minutes, turn off Offline mode and refresh the data on the location to get all of the latest registrations. Then, follow steps 2-5 again.
After you have finished patrolling and are back in cell reception, uncheck Offline Mode under settings. The app will now sync the violations you submitted to the server. You can confirm they were all sent by going to Violations History on the front page.